Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter Wonderland .... Minnesota Style

Every year, Minnesota gets several snow storms. Each time, the meteorologists predict it will the worst storm since... last year or Halloween 1995. The snow, from each storm, is usually deep but nothing unusual. So, when they were predicting between 10 to 14 inches of snow... I said, "I'll believe it when I see it." Until it actually starts snowing, it's all up in the air. Minnesota weather is like that though. Sometimes these storms and weather systems just bypass the Twin Cities and surrounding suburbs.


Today was a little different. I got a call from my roommate saying she couldn't open the front door and would I come down to close the garage door. I did and went back to bed. It was 7 am. I got up around 10am and wandered downstairs. I ate breakfast and was going to make coffee when I noticed the immense snow drift in front of our door (see above). It currently stands at about four feet tall. Further along, it is only up to my knees. I opened the garage door and found my drive filled with snow that was about a foot and a half deep.

It took me about an hour to shovel the driveway. It's still snowing so I'll have to do it again. I managed to trudge to the front door and move enough snow to open the door (hence the picture above). My roomie is currently trapped at work as are most of the couriers. They should have just shut the station for the day. But with Minnesota, you just never know what will happen.

Happy winter days!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is some drift of snow. Is it gone now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I can't remember your email, so I'm posting this stuff here in the hopes that you will get it. I found a couple of cheap CPR cert. courses through Wilderness Enquiry ($35) at: http://www.wildernessinquiry.org/get_involved/certification.php

    The ones I see are both in Minneapolis and are in the evening, which I know is not the best for you. There are also a bunch of online certifications you can do, though they obviously don't have a skills check.

    ReplyDelete